DDSE Internal Workflow Process & Tools implemented to meet project deadlines.
At DDSE, we approach every project with professional discipline and a sense of priority. Within the firm, we utilize innovative ways combined with the most-cutting edge technology and the latest collaboration and cloud tools to ensure that every project is given the utmost attention to detail and delivered on time and within budget. We harness the power of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and CAD technologies to help shape design ideas and provide more predictability to the design process, thereby streamlining our structural analysis and design workflows. We also implement BIM technologies for project documentation using a variety of BIM tools (Revit, A360 Collaboration, ReCap, Navisworks, AutoCAD) in our design process,so as to improve the project outcome, while ensuring that there is compatibility between our structural analysis, design and documentation applications. Our approach of leveraging innovative technology offers turnkey cloud-based solutions that allows building project teams and disciplines to collaborate in 3-D models easily, efficiently, and cost-effectively, by connecting with centralized access to BIM project data, thereby making it easier to access all project data – anytime, anywhere, and thereby ensuring that we convey the design intent and improve overall project collaboration and execution. This has allowed us to:
- Enable project team members in all disciplines, from multiple firms, or sites to concurrently author a model using the BIM process, while utilizing inter-operable tools for both CAD and BIM-based workflows.
- Access BIM tools to help support all phases of the building life cycle.
- Use innovative analysis, reality capture and rendering technologies to provide insight to design projects.
- Connect team members with direct, real-time chat within project models to free teams from traditional, limited tools, such as the phone.
- Communicate and get feedback from the project stakeholders in real-time.
- Access a variety of BIM tools with a centralized cloud-based workspace, and improve efficiency on projects.
- Upload any file to the cloud-based software and create a link to instantly share your 3D models or 2D drawings by email, chat or embed directly into a site.
- Upload, open and edit files on the go from a mobile device.
- See design and drawing reference directly through the item overview, facilitating distributed design.
- Leverage the building model in our coordination and QC process to efficiently coordinate the model.
- Offer a comprehensive project review solution for coordination analysis and communication using multidisciplinary design data, which can then be combined into a single integrated project model for improved interference management, clash detection and 5D analysis. The tools used for this process have helped to anticipate and minimize potential problems before construction begins.
Throughout our entire design workflow, from drawings to models, specifications to submittals, emails to schedules, we have implemented standards and guidelines to ensure that there is oversight on every project’s document control process. This has been achieved by:
- Putting the right information at the fingertips of each project team stakeholder.
- Building structure around the project source of truth with minimal effort
- Keeping document control simple with noconfusion around versions, no questions about where to find information, keeping it all straight.
- Utilizing innovative BIM Implementation Tools (such as Autodesk BIM 360 Docs – a document management app purpose-built for construction projects and construction project teams).
- Holding weekly internal progress meetings and daily communication with the entire design team,in order to ensure a smooth collaborative process.
At DDSE, we have also employed a variety of BIM tools to help fellow stakeholders in the design process improve design content and project delivery on building projects, while reducing cost, without sacrificing the quality of their work. We have accomplished this by:
- Standardizing toolsets
- Visualizing to improve collaboration and exploring design options
- Making more informed design decisions
- Improving efficiency and minimizing costs